Building the business of life sciences
SCbio is a statewide, non-profit, industry association and economic development organization tasked with building the business of life sciences in South Carolina’s life sciences industry.
SCbio serves as official state affiliate of BIO — the U.S. Biotechnology Innovation Organization — and of PhRMA — the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America, as well as AdvaMed — the Advanced Medical Technology Association.
In serving as both advocate for and ‘voice’ of SC life sciences, SCbio champions the people, advances and organizations of the industry which provide better healthcare, improved quality of life, enhanced agriculture, and a cleaner and safer environment for us all.
Accelerating Growth, Adding Value
To promote growth, SCbio has 5 areas of focus:
- Workforce – Ensure a quality pipeline of talent to fill needs of new and expanding companies
- Policy – Advocate to become the most business-friendly state for life sciences companies by improved policies and creation of incentives to attract high-paying life science jobs
- Marketing – Ensure decision-makers are aware of the state’s story and opportunities, and connect and convene industry leaders regularly across the ecosystem
- Entrepreneurship – Successfully grow early-stage companies and encourage creation of new startups to increase the pipeline and help current startups improve odds of success
- Business Development – Recruit more life sciences companies by identifying companies, building relationships, and serving as subject expert on visits and during recruitment
Create the nation’s most industry-friendly and innovative life sciences ecosystem and business environment to fuel the knowledge economy in South Carolina.
Advance and grow the life sciences industry in South Carolina – as South Carolina’s only exclusively focused life sciences industry association and economic development organization.
Team SCbio is engaged, accessible, and invested in making a difference to our industry and our state. Meet the team charged with building the business of life sciences in South Carolina.
Board of Directors
Meet the dynamic and invested group of industry and business leaders, who comprise the SCbio Board of Directors. They author the strategy and lead the advance of life sciences industry in South Carolina.
Join now to enjoy expanded member benefits!
Enjoy exclusive member content, special events, savings, networking and more
The purpose of the SCbio Foundation is to help advance South Carolina’s life sciences industry through high-impact initiatives focused around research, education, talent development and retention, and innovation.