Join SCBIO and an illustrious panel of subject matter experts for a program of expert insights, continuing education and fabulous networking at Life Sciences Boot Camp: Insights On SC's Fastest-Growing Industry. The program will be held September 23rd, 2020 in a virtual, collaborative format.
You'll come away from this packed program with new insights and actionable information -- plus great new relationships with industry thought leaders -- that will help you improve your organization's involvement and success in South Carolina's $11.4 billion industry!
Time: 8:15am - 12:15pm
Fees: SCBIO Members - $0
Non-Members - $50
- 8:15am Coffee & Conversation (check-in), ZOOM window open for attendees
- 8:30 – 8:34am Welcome, housekeeping topics, agenda, using Zoom tools (e.g. chat)
- 8:35 – 9:10 Featured Speaker – Search for a Cure: An Update from (PhRMA)
- 9:13 – 9:53 General Session – Marketing in a Pandemic: Building Your Brand & Topline
- 9:55 – 10:35 WORKFORCE TRACK A -- #1 – Best Practices in Recruiting, Retention & Development
COLLABORATION TRACK B -- #1 – Partnering Effectively with Research Universities
- 10:35 – 10:45 BREAK
- 10:45 – 11:25 WORKFORCE TRACK A -- #2 – Leading Virtual Teams Effectively
COLLABORATION TRACK B -- #2 – Pivoting with a Partner
- 11:25 – 11:30 Thank you, acknowledgements, wrap-up and close – lead-in to Networking
- 11:30 – 12:15 Virtual Networking Economic Development Session – 4 Rooms
- Stephanie Few – “The Outlook for Incentives”
- Sam Konduros – “Building, Advancing & Growing Life Sciences in SC”
- Tushar Chikhliker – “Onshoring & Repatriation”
- John Osborne – “Accessing Capital to Grow”
Featured Speakers and Panels:
Search for a Cure: A National Update on the Global Pandemic – featuring a live national report from PhRMA executive Sharon Lamberton on success in battling the COVID-19 pandemic, and what lies ahead for America
Marketing in a Pandemic: Building Your Brand & Your Topline – despite the economic turndown, some businesses are enjoying even great success – and are positioning themselves for an even better future. Learn the secrets to thriving, not surviving, during and after the pandemic from Henry Pellerin of Vantage Point, Heather Hoopes-Matthews of NP Strategy and Jessica Cokins of Thorne Research
Best Practices in Talent Recruiting, Retention & Development – Nephron's Lou Kennedy, Arthrex's Jimmy Dascani and ERG's Matt Vaadi share how the state’s life sciences leaders are attracting, training and retaining top talent – and offer ideas your organization can deploy right now
Partnering Effectively with Higher Education & Research Universities – tap into the wealth of resources, knowledge and experience prevalent in the state’s research universities to enhance innovation and success. Enjoy insights from Chad Hardaway of USC’s Office of Economic Engagement, Michael Rusnak of MUSC’s Foundation for Research Development, and Angela Lockman of Clemson
Leading Virtual Teams Effectively – the pandemic has showed us that working virtually is here to stay. Find out how to make your organization collaborate seamlessly, efficiently and effectively -- wherever your colleagues are located -- from Annie McCoy of ChartSpan, Andrew Collins of Alcami and Jenni Dunlap of Parker Poe.
Pivoting with a Partner: Collaborating to Grow Your Business – learn how to successfully identify and partner with other organizations to expand and enhance product/service offerings. Hear incredible stories from the teams at Zverse/Phoenix Specialty and Rhythmlink, ZIAN and MUSC as they share their stories -- and how you can find your next great opportunity.