Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
DEI Council & Initiatives
SCbio’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council is represented by 5 nominated individuals from the board of directors. These members embody determination, respect, and are willing to assist the community the best they can.
The Council was established to help steer SCbio’s DEI initiatives. Herbert Drayton serves as chair of this council and serves on the Board of Directors to help lead/facilitate the council to ensure forward progress and accountability concerning our organizational diversity and inclusion efforts.
DEI Council Mission Statement: Enhance diversity, equity, and inclusion in the life sciences industry through efforts which advance awareness, dialogue, and policies in South Carolina.
- Advance organizational leadership through education/awareness of different perspectives and backgrounds
- Partner with leaders to create dialogue that fosters and promote organizational changes that support diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Advocate for policies that promote diversity and inclusion in the life science industry
- Herbert Drayton, HI Mark Capital (Chair)
- Sheila Dela Cruz, Poly-Med, Inc.
- Tavia Gaddy, GADC
- Zahira Cepero, Nephron Pharmaceuticals
- Will Cruz, SCRA
Women in Life Sciences
SCbio brings together women leaders in the life sciences industry to empower the younger generation and lead pathways to success.
Join now to enjoy expanded member benefits!
Enjoy exclusive member content, special events, savings, networking and more