SOUTH CAROLINA – February 9, 2024 – SCbio gathered hundreds of life science leaders from across South Carolina and the United States in Greenville for SCBIO 2024, the state’s premier life sciences conference, honoring leaders who have made exceptional career contributions to the fast-growing industry.
Top honors at the conference include:
- The SC Life Sciences Hall of Fame Award was presented to S.C. Governor Henry McMaster.
- The SC Pinnacle Award for Organizational Contribution was presented to Rymedi.
- The SC Pinnacle Award for Individual Contribution was presented to Mike Graney, Vice President of Global Business Development with Charleston Regional Development Alliance (CRDA).
- The South Carolina Life Sciences Rising Star Award was presented to Richard Pace, Owner and Principal Scientist with Parimer Scientific.
- A Special Award for Exceptional Contributions to the industry was presented to Sam Patrick, former director of marketing of SCbio.
Each award honors an individual or organization whose performance over time has resulted in superior results, inspirational leadership, industry advancement, innovation, and quality of life benefits to employees, customers, and communities statewide, nationally and globally.
“The life sciences industry in the Palmetto State is thriving with opportunity and momentum because of the achievements and leadership of these award winners,” said SCbio President and CEO James Chappell. “These honorees have drawn the eyes of state leaders and organizations to our industry, a business sector that will drive South Carolina’s economy for years to come.”
Presented by sponsoring organizations Nephron Pharmaceuticals Corporation, The Ritedose Corporation, VisitGreenvilleSC, and other top organizations, the conference welcomed registrants from over 25 U.S. states. More than 200 organizations from medical devices, biomanufacturing, drug discovery, research and development, pharmaceuticals, diagnostics and testing, digital health, health IT, and bio-agriculture attended.
A $25.7 billion annual industry in South Carolina and growing faster than in any other Southeastern state, conference attendees include national pharma and medtech executives, economic developers, leaders from South Carolina’s research universities, healthcare executives, business and financial industry officials, national media, and others.
SCbio is South Carolina’s investor-driven economic development organization exclusively focused on building, advancing, and growing the life sciences industry in the state. SCbio represents more than 1,000 organizations employing more than 87,000 professionals across the state and supports and advances organizations in multiple arenas including pharmaceuticals, medical devices and equipment, digital health, research and medical labs, bioscience distribution, bio-ag and more. For additional information about SCbio and the life sciences industry, visit www.SCbio.org.