The board of directors for South Carolina Biotechnology Industry Organization (SCbio) has named Erin Ford as its 2017 chair.
Ford is the director of sales at Poly-Med Inc. of Anderson, a global innovation company that is developing absorbable polymers and constructs for the medical device industry. Ford previously worked with Upstate SC Alliance as a life science business recruitment officer. She also was an ex-officio SCbio board member from 2013-2015 and led a regional biosciences task force of industry executives from the Upstate.
“This year we will be demonstrating the economic impact our community of innovators in advanced medicines, medical devices, and diagnostic therapies are bringing to the state,” Ford said in a news statement. “We have come out of our most successful conference, have a record number of members, and are seeing a real growth in our companies and economic development prospects.”
SCbio recently formed a partnership with the South Carolina Department of Commerce to carry out a life science economic impact study with strategic growth recommendations.
The organization also has named these new executive officers for 2017:
- Craig Walker, vice chair and chief executive officer of VidiStar LLC of Greenville
- Michael Rusnak, treasurer and executive director of MUSC’s Foundation for Research Development
- Kathryn Becker, secretary and principal at Translational Science Solutions LLC of Charleston
- Terrell Mills, executive committee and attorney at Wyche of Greenville
Other directors named to the SCbio board of 2016 include:
- Darralyn Alexander, CEO and principal for Reimbursement Strategies LLC of Myrtle Beach
- Rick Brisbin, patent and intellectual property attorney for Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd
- Jerry Chang, vice president of business development for BioD LLC of Greenville
- Christian Graves, president of Carolina Biotechnology Group, Columbia
- Martine LaBerge, chair of the Clemson Department of Bioengineering
- Sam Konduros, principal at SK Strategies of Greenville
- Prakash Nagarkatti, vice president of research at the University of South Carolina, Columbia
- Phil Vickery, senior director of manufacturing at Capsugel Americas, Greenwood
SCbio is a statewide nonprofit trade association that represents companies in the advanced medicines, medical devices, equipment, diagnostics, and health care outcome industries.
Read more at…