The South Carolina Hospital Association (SCHA) will launch its now annual statewide salute to the hospital workforce May 6th – 13th, during National Nurses Week and National Hospital Week, with discounts, giveaways, and communications programs to show appreciation for “healthcare heroes.”
SCHA is partnering with member hospitals, Solvent Networks – its business solutions division – and a number of businesses and organizations to show appreciation for hospital workers. Promotional and recognition plans to date include:
- A social media and outdoor campaign called “H is for Heroes,” which uses the familiar blue and white highway signs designating hospital locations;
- A 50% discount on shoes and clothing for employees and up to four family members at the adidas Employee Store in Greenville;
- Discounted tickets to the May 14th Goodyear 400 in a salute to nurses and hospital employees by the Darlington Raceway and NASCAR;
- A salute to healthcare workers during the Greenville Drive game on May 16th, along with a $10 voucher for ballpark food, drink or merchandise;
- Discounted tickets and recognition during the Myrtle Beach Pelicans game on May 13th, during which a healthcare worker will throw out the first pitch;
- 15% discount on unique snacks, drinks and candies from around the world at Planet Munchies in Columbia;
- Drawings for a variety of prizes including Amazon gift cards and SC State Parks passes accessible by following SCHA on Facebook.
For more information, go to scha.org/hospital-week.
“Our goal is to honor and recognize hospital and healthcare employees who work on the front lines and behind the scenes to provide quality patient care every day,” said Lara Hewitt, SCHA’s vice president for workforce and member engagement. “We’re adding more partners and promotions every day, so watch for more information on our website and follow us on social media.”
About the South Carolina Hospital Association
SCHA is committed to making South Carolina one of the nation’s healthiest states by helping our hospitals and health systems provide the best care possible. We advocate for sound healthcare policies and legislation, facilitate collaboration to tackle problems that none of us could solve alone, find and share innovations and best practices, and provide data, education, and business solutions to help our members better serve their patients and communities. Together, we are leading South Carolina to a better state of health. Learn more about SCHA at www.scha.org.