sam patrick posted an articleKIYATEC presenting at Socierty for Immunotherapy of Cancer conference see more
GREENVILLE, S.C. – November 5, 2019 – KIYATEC, Inc. today announced that it will present data characterizing in vitro response to checkpoint inhibitors in solid tumors, a capability that addresses an important need in preclinical development of immuno-oncology (I/O) therapies. The data will be presented at the 2019 Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC) Annual Meeting, to be held November 6-10 in National Harbor, MD.
Biologically relevant replication of complex interactions of human immune cells with tumor cells is an ongoing challenge using traditional preclinical models. Evidence presented by KIYATEC will highlight the utility of its in vitro 3D cell culture technology platform to characterize the tumor biology and immune activation and infiltration that precipitates response to checkpoint inhibitors across multiple solid tumor types. Data includes:
- Complex 3D cultures derived from tumor cell lines or primary tumor tissue, incorporating allogeneic or autologous immune cells
- High-throughput spheroid models used to detect dose-dependent response to checkpoint blockade and correlate with immune cell activation
- Complex microtumor models that mirror immune cell infiltration, therapy-mediated reduction of microtumor growth and secretion of cytokines
“KIYATEC is pioneering advances in 3D cell culture technologies to address the unmet needs of biopharmaceutical companies engaged in pre-clinical testing of their I/O compounds,” said Matthew Gevaert, CEO of KIYATEC. “Our emerging I/O models are currently being productively deployed across a number of pre-clinical initiatives and we anticipate that activity to increase as more drug developers become aware of our unique capabilities.”
Following are key details of the SITC poster presentation:
- Poster: P3
- Title: Predicting patient response to checkpoint blockade therapy using in vitro 3D cultures
- Date and Time: Friday, November 8, 12:30 – 2:00 pm, 6:30 – 8:00 pm, EST
About KIYATEC, Inc.
KIYATEC leverages its proprietary ex vivo 3D cell culture technology platforms to accurately model and predict response to approved and investigational cancer drugs targeting a spectrum of solid tumors. The company’s Drug Development Services business works in partnership with leading biopharmaceutical companies to unlock response dynamics for their investigational drug candidates across the majority of solid tumor types. The company’s Clinical Services business is currently engaged in the validation of clinical assays as well as investigator-initiated studies in ovarian cancer, breast cancer, glioblastoma and rare tumors, in its CLIA-certified laboratory. To learn more about KIYATEC, visit www.kiyatec.com.